We recognize that nutrition impacts classroom performance, so we have designed our menus and food preparation to provide excellent nutrition and teach health wellness. We prepare our lunch menus to provide both appeal and proper nutrition to our students. The variety of our menus ensure that our students get all of the necessary nutrients associated with good health, clear thinking, and a balanced diet. We teach the importance of nutritious meals while encouraging good eating habits. We also encourage parents to help their children to eat healthy, nutritious foods both at school and at home.
We offer free breakfast and lunch to all our students; however, we require all families to fill out our Free and Reduced Lunch application for record-keeping purposes.
Healthy Food Choices
PEC will contribute to health & wellness through good nutrition. Read our Health & Wellness Policy here.
Say YES to:
Foods not allowed in the building:
- Request permission from your child's teacher and the Food Services department one week in advance of the event
- Complete the form provided by PEC for all celebrations
- All snacks must be ordered through the PEC Food Services Department and all orders must be placed on the Monday prior to the requested event. This includes cupcakes, pizza, chips, candy, and beverages
- Balloons are not permitted for any event
- Outside food is not permitted for class celebrations